Tuesday, May 7, 2013

On my Way...


            So, I have never blogged before, and I figured leaving the country would be a good place to start. I’m not sure how to go about this, but I’m going to share with you what’s on my mind. At this very moment, I am headed to Ljubljana, Slovenia to minister in the growth of the Cru ministry that began a few years ago. I am truly at a loss for words that this is actually happening. I have been planning this trip for months, and God has been planning it in my heart for the past year. There have been so many moments where I felt so alone in this process, but God has been so faithful in providing me support and continued to show up in the midst of my doubt.  Yesterday, we had briefing and I got to meet 30 some more people who God has intricately shaped to be apart of this journey, and I was so humbled at how He had worked in each of them throughout this process. Sharing our stories and our hearts for this project gave me such a sense of comfort and peace as I follow through with this calling.
            If you ask me whether I am ready, I wouldn't be able to answer. I have had several people ask me that question, and I can humbly tell you that after months of thinking I was preparing myself, as I sit here now, I can say I have no idea what I am doing. But I trust that in the midst of the unknown, God is going to radically transform me. I just pray that He places people in front of me whose story has been intricately shaped with mine. This is going to be an incredible journey and the only thing I can do is let the Holy Spirit lead me moment by moment as I walk through the Campus of Ljubljana and share the beautiful story of Christ’s grace.
            So, this is the beginning of a long journey, and I want to look back at this first post and laugh at how much change has come about since. I am so excited about every person on this team, and I am filled with anticipation to get to know each of them and share with them how God has told my story and hear how He has told theirs. I am overwhelmingly grateful for everyone out there who has continued to pray for my team and me as we take these stories of redemption to the hearts within Slovenia. I have no idea what to expect, but I want to walk into this experience with my hands wide open.  It doesn’t seem real quite yet, with 15 hours of traveling still ahead of us, but at the end of it sits an experience that will leave me and countless others changed forever. So with that, I am anxious about the challenge but ready for the transformation.
 

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading about your journey, Jess!! May God bless you, and may His face shine on you ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you, and I am really excited to read about your journey! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete